Translate

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Time-lapse of nesting robins being fed by their mother

A robin decided to nest under the solar collectors on the south side of my workshop this year.  The nest is about 5ft off the ground and I have been watching since the first little blue egg was laid several weeks ago.

They all hatched a week or so ago.

It is now July 3, and they are coming along nicely.  I can watch the mother robin flying in and feeding them from the window in my utility room.  What surprised me is the long gaps as she foraged for food.  Up to 20 minutes could go by as they waited patiently with beaks open.  The video was shot at 1 frame per second (about 30X real time), it is edited down so it is not too boring.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I welcome all thoughtful comments and feedback!